[TowerTalk] perspective

Mel Martin mel@interlink.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:23:53 -0700

It's not a theory, it's a fact based on mathematical reasoning. In
pile-up there is a probability you will be heard on any call. If your
signal is 10 db louder you will generally be heard sooner, i.e. the
probably you will be heard on any call is increased. It therefore
follows that if you are 1 db louder you will also be heard just a little
sooner. If this was NOT the case thane 10 times zip is zip and 10db
wouldn't make any difference either.

Q.E.D.