[TowerTalk] Bracketed Rohn Specs

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:15:56 -0600

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:02:01 -0400 "Jason Hissong"
<jhisson1@columbus.rr.com> writes:

> I was just browsing through the Rohn specs and had a question that
> you guys
> would probably know the answer to.
>
> When looking at the Rohn 25G Bracketed Specs, its states upper
> brackets at
> 30' and lower brackets at 15'.  Is this an AND or and OR?  i.e., do
> they
> mean that you have to have both or one or the other?
>
> If both are required, then I could not put up the tower as I cannot
> go to
> 30' for one of the brackets.
>
> If only one is required, then at 40', there would be 25' of tower
> sticking
> out the top.  Would that allow me to put 25' of tower as well when
> the
> bracket is at 13'?  (for a total of 38').

I think they mean 30 AND 15, so the height above the top
bracket is only 10'.

If you use one bracket at 13', that would be 23'
total height. If you look at the specs for the bracketed
90' tower, there is 24' of tower above the top bracket,
but the antenna load is cut in half. That will give you some idea
of how far you can push the unsupported length.

Another thing to look at is the specs for foldover towers,
without the top guy wires. They give a pretty good indication
of what windloads various lengths of unsupported tower will hold.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear, CA
K6LL@juno.com