[TowerTalk] Bracketed Rohn Specs

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:38:29 -0700

Jason Hissong wrote:

> I was just browsing through the Rohn specs and had a question that you guys
> would probably know the answer to.
>
> When looking at the Rohn 25G Bracketed Specs, its states upper brackets at
> 30' and lower brackets at 15'.  Is this an AND or and OR?  i.e., do they
> mean that you have to have both or one or the other?
>
> If both are required, then I could not put up the tower as I cannot go to
> 30' for one of the brackets.
>
> If only one is required, then at 40', there would be 25' of tower sticking
> out the top.  Would that allow me to put 25' of tower as well when the
> bracket is at 13'?  (for a total of 38').
>
> Thanks and 73!
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

I think Rohn means for you to use TWO brackets in the cases you see in the Rohn
published information.

The important thing to realize is that the designs shown in the book by Rohn
are only SOME examples of safe ways to put up a Rohn tower.  There are
thousands of other ways to do it and one of those alternatives may be just
right for you.  Unfortunately, there are just too many possibilities for
anybody to publish them and that is what "Professional Engineers" are for . . .
to design your system to fit your exact situation.  Yep, it costs money, but if
you don't feel comfortable doing the engineering yourself, I strongly urge you
to get a professional involved.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com