[TowerTalk] What was wrong with original 9913F???

Pressley W Jones n8ug@juno.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:18:14 -0500

Dave,
The original had problems with the migration of the center conductor and
the uniformity of the loss characteristics. After rejection a number of
production runs, Belden pulled it from the market. The replacement,
9913F7, has just come onto the market. It has a 7 strand center
conductor(as opposed the the orig. 19strand) and other modifications,
including a higher price and slightly more loss, but the quality seems
excellent so far.
The TPE jacket makes it quite flexible, if very flexible is required. It
is very similar now to LMR400UF, with a bit less advertised loss.

There are several other coaxes out there with similar construction with a
tad more loss, but at about 2/3 the cost, with different jackets for more
protection where required. Davis RF's "BuryFlex" and The Wireman's "Super
8."

73,

Press Jones, N8UG - The Wireman, Inc., 261 Pittman Rd, Landrum, SC 29356
<Press@thewireman.com> or <orders@thewireman.com>
800-727-WIRE(9473)(sales)
Tech help 864-895-4195, fax 864-895-5811.Full catalog, images,
descriptions, coax specs,
 ordering, at http:\\www.thewireman.com and super deals, specials,
close-outs etc.,
at THE WIRELINE. Check the CALENDAR to find us at a hamfest!