[TowerTalk] Preformed Guy Grips

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:50:27 +0000

At 12:42 PM 7/28/00 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 07/28/2000 8:54:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>k5na@texas.net writes:
>
>> I had occasion this week to closely observe the power company reworking my
>>  electric and installing some new power poles for our new house. I looked
>>  closely at their cable and their grips.

I've been reading for years about old-style Phillystran and its infamous
potted ends.  Imagine my surprise when I finally got some (pre-attached),
saw what they looked like, and then began to notice that virtually all the
power poles around here use the potted ends, on both metal and composite
guy material.  No PLP grips here, yet.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at