[TowerTalk] AMATEUR EXEMPTIONS......

Barry Martz k8bk@speedconnect.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:26:02 -0400

Hi Again.

Let me clear up a few things.  THIS location is very important to us ( see
end of message ).  We are located in Northern Michigan and DXers and
contesters are spread over a wide area.

First, we are running 30 watts on 145.090.

The antenna would be at a height of 30' and would be a small Ringo type
antenna.   At a height of 30', 30 watts may be a problem, but we run 50 in
the car?!?!?

The site is a commercial tower site.  The main tower is about 600' tall.  It
sits about 20' from the building.  The small 30' tower is about half way
between the large tower and the building.

We need this site because,

1. it houses our internet connection for the packetcluster
2. it houses the packetcluster
3. it is a great location.  Even at 30', we get good coverage.

I hope this clears things up a bit.  It seems like a LOT of clubs may have
some problems with repeaters/digipeaters etc if they have to do site
inspections at those costs ($1200.00).

Thanks again for the responses.

73 de Barry/K8BK