[TowerTalk] Amateur Exemptions

Ronald C. Barnes ka1kjz@home.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 02:00:18 -0400

Seems to me you would be exempt per FCC rules (under however many watts ERP
on 2m).  A statement, signed off by the trustee/licensee would be
adequate.  I'm not sure, but I think a digipeater would be considered a
"repeater station" and be allowed the even higher limits.

BTW: If anyone on the list is not exempt, some other tenant on the tower
WILL pay for it and probably share it with you.  That will be good enough,
as the exposure tests are done over all frequencies, not just the
client's.  Also with that in mind, all tenants of the tower can chip in for
one test, eliminating repeated work.

On my tower, there is an FM, many many two-ways and my TV station.  Last
year the FM paid for the test, this year the two-way repairer paid.  Next
year we (the TV station) will probably pick up the tab.

Ron KA1KJZ
Chief Engineer WSAH TV 43