[TowerTalk] Skyhawk plus 402CD

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:49:17 EDT

In a message dated 06/06/2000 5:32:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ve6yc@home.com writes:

> This coming Saturday the local DX club will be putting up a
>  100 foot tower. At the top will be a Bencher Skyhawk. We only
>  have 5 feet of clearance between it and the Cushcraft 402CD.
>
>  Is it a good idea to rotate the 40 to 90 deg from the tri-bander?
>  will this help reduce the interaction with 15 on the Skyhawk?

      If 5 feet is all you've got, it'll work. I've had 402CD's within 6 feet
of a tribander but I don't have any experience with the Skyhawk. What you'll
see is an increase in SWR the closer they are. If that's what you've got - go
for it.

     There's no reason to turn the 40 by 90 degrees. You can try it but I
don't think you'll see any improvement. The 90 degree offset scenario was
popular with the KLM 4L 40M beam but the Cushcraft doesn't seem to need it.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech