[TowerTalk] Texas Towers Guy Grips

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:21:21 +0000

At 11:09 PM 6/7/00 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 06/07/2000 8:02:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>n4zr@contesting.com writes:
>
>> Does anyone have any opinions pro or con regarding the guy grips sold by
>>  Texas Towers?  They're about half the price I paid for PLP grips last
time,
>>  and if they're good ....
>
>    Well, you'd better buy a whole bunch then. Preformed Line Products (PLP)
>is the only manufacturer of these grips so they're the same-same. The
website
>and magazine ads all say Preformed grips so I don't know what the confusion
>might be.

Sorry, I had just visited the website and did not find any reference to
their being PLP grips.

I thought I recalled a discussion on Towertalk a few years ago (couldn't
find it in the archive) where some folks were selling shorter grips that
were designed for utility pole use as guy grips ...

I had e-mailed TT asking whether their grips were PLPs, but had no answer
as of last night.  In any case, it appears they'll be fine, so thanks all!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com