[TowerTalk] Albuquerque Tower Permit

Gerald Smith w6ter@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:23:27 -0400

The ARRL is, and has been, very helpful. Helpful in providing case
citations and in providing an excellent amicus brief.

Also, the ARRl has an ad hoc committee which will make recommendation to
the board in methods and resources to help and handle future cases. One
idea is a "brief bank", a secure web resource for attorneys. The bank
would have all cases and sample briefs. It would save a bunch of money
for individuals.

Another item the ARRL has commissioned is a book on the subject, now
being authored by Fred, K1VR, with help from others. It will be a tutor
on how to buy property, protect yourself and, if there is regulatory
problems, how to handle them.

In my case, Jim Haynie, the ARRL President, has asked to be personally
informed and kept up to date on my case. I appreciate his concern.

Needless to say, the ARRL would have problems funding cases at the
administrative or district level. However, they have agreed to fund an
appeal in Seminole County Florida.

Locally, these fights with local governments can become very expensive.
If you can solve the problem without protracted litigation, do it!

Gerry, W6TER