[TowerTalk] TITANEX VD 8010 Vertical Dipole...User Comments?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:54:01 EDT

In a message dated 06/11/2000 7:34:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sam@severs.com writes:

> I'm interested in hearing from any users of the Titanex VD 8010 verticle
>  dipole.  It's depicted on their web page as being fed with ladder or window
>  line and they mention the use of a tuner...I assume that the feed line must
>  come away at a right angle foe some distance.
>
>  It's very pricy (457.00 EURO) and has to be shipped from Germany (expensive
>  again).  It's attractive because it's light and easy to get up.  Anyone out
>  there who is using it who could comment?  Pro or con?
>
>  Since it's only about 40' long and operates on 80-10 meters I assume its
>  loaded or continually loaded...

     We didn't test one of these but I suspect that it'll be in the same
league as other similar designs. Check out our HF vertical comparison test -
http://www.championradio.com. We tested 8 different verticals on-the-air.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products