[TowerTalk] Looking for a Legal Limit HF Multiband Second Antenna

Mark Hammond k7hph@xmission.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:52:32 -0600

Hello:

I currently have an inverted V fed with 450 ohm ladder line to an antenna
tuner as my antenna for the backup radio system. It works ok but sometimes
has trouble taking high power and, of course requires retuning as the bands
are changed. I have an FT-1000D and an ALPHA 87A and often forget to re-tune
the antenna tuner!

Does anyone know of a better multiband backup antenna the will handle an
ALPHA 87A and eliminate the need to retune with each band change?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

73, Mark...