[TowerTalk] stacking Hy-gain monobanders

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:17:28 -0600

W6QHS / W6NL noticed severe degradation on 10M
when stacking those 3 monobanders on a single mast.
I believe he put the 15M on top to get as much separation
as possible from the 20M antenna, placing the 10M
antenna in the middle.

W4NL has reported severe interaction when stacking
12 / 17M beams with 10 / 15 / 20 meter beams.  This
is especially true with antennas whose elements are
NOT broken up with traps.

Many contesters use separate towers for each band
to avoid such interactions, often stacking identical antennas
with 1/2 to 3/4 Wavelength spacing for increased gain
and versitility in both waveangle selection and direction.

There is NO  FREE  LUNCH.   Sorry.

Now you know why tribanders and triband stacks
are so popular with the single tower crowd.

de  Tom  N4KG

# # # # # # # # #

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:26:14 -0700 Mel Martin <ve2dc@rac.ca> writes:

> I have a Hy-gain 205/155/105 that i want to put on a single tower.
> What
> is the minimum stacking distance without serious compromise? I know
> hy-gain recommended 8/6 ft... i was using 6/4 about 20 years ago,
> and it
> seemed to work OK. Could I put a the hy-gain 12/17 duobander between
> the
> 20/15?
>
> Thanks for your opinions...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!