[TowerTalk] Re: End Fed W8JK versus Quad

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:10:16 -0400

If your modeling is correct then the value of this antenna is ... ?

Can you "close the loop" at the top and see what happens
when a similar shape is fed as a quad?

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL

> >In the vertical position how would it compare side-by-side
> >with a very narrow (tall) rectangular "quad"?  (roughly the
> >same overall dimensions)
> >

> David, I just did a quick and dirty model, based on W2VJN's description.
> It is just 2 half-wave verticals, an eighth wavelength apart, fed in
phase.
>  For fun, I made the elements start .1 wavelengths above ground.  The
> initial results are very unsatisfying -- essentially no azimuth
directivity
> and a maximum gain (at about 12 degrees above the horizon) of .7 to 1.7
dBi
> depending on frequency.  Now I can't be sure I'm modeling this properly,
> but that's what it seems like.
>
> 73, Pete Smith N4ZR
> n4zr@contesting.com

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World