[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S 10m trap direction

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:59:47 -0600

Typically, the covering on single band traps are open at one end
and connected to the element at the other end.  The 'trap effect'
occurs at the OPEN end.  Measure the length of tubing from
the boom to the trap.  If it is noticably less than 1/4 WL, then
orient the open end away from the boom.  The distance from
the boom to the open end of the trap should be close to 1/4 WL.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:08:38 -0400 Bill Coleman AA4LR <aa4lr@radio.org>
writes:

> I tried searching the archives on this, but came up empty.
>
> I have an A3S that I'm refurbishing to put up this summer. From the
> manual, it's clear that the traps have a definite direction. For the
> 15m  traps, the change in tubing size is pretty obvious. But for the
10m
> traps, the tubing is the same.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to determine which way the traps go? Looking
> inside the trap tube, there's clearly more stuff on one end. Does
> this  end go toward or away from the boom?
>

> Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
> Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
>             -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.