[TowerTalk] Antenna Grease--Deficiencies and Remedies.

Peter Larsen ve6yc@home.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:18:56 +0100

> Any antioxidant like Penetrox is supposed to be sparingly
> and not  glopped onto a joint. I don't have any longterm
> experience that shows that it  dries out making the joint hard
> to take apart. It might but I don't have any  direct experience.

At work we put Penetrox onto "tamper Proof" screws to keep them
from rusting into the nuts. Years later the screws come out very
easily.

As for applying the past to aluminum, you should put it onto your
steel wool or "scotch bright" pad and work it into the aluminum
tubing, not glob it on as an after thought. All you need is a
thin
layer, not a thick coating.

--
 Peter J. Larsen