[TowerTalk] Antenna Grease--Deficiencies and Remedies.

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:29:56 EDT

In conclusion I'll say again to all those who avhe been able to get the
joints apart with any goop year later.  That's only half the requirement.
Measure the resistance of each joint first with an ohmeter.  If it acts like
a capacitor, get an impedance brigde, record the data at each joint and then
put the beam into Eznec and add that resistance or impedance into each joint
and see what you have for a pattern.  Then on "TT True Confessions" tells us
of your opinons of what ever goop you used years before.  I've been there and
I've done that.  If you use the bad stuff it will sharpen your interest in
quads where there is no joint deteroiation of a properly soldered
joint--ever.  Raibeam uses AntiSieze with ALUMINUM PARTICLES in it even
though it costs more.

I suggest that contestors take there yagi's down and clean them before the
constest.  Many have verified the benefit of it to me.  Now has this
discussion been finally settled?  Case closed.  k7gco