[TowerTalk] UK source of Coax-Seal?

Ian White, G3SEK Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:14:31 +0100

John Nelson wrote:

>Anyone know a UK source for 'Coax-Seal'? This used to be stocked by Maplin
>Electronics but it's been discontinued. It's made by Universal Electronics
>and there appear to be several US stockists on the Web, but I can't imagine
>them wanting to be bothered with a small order from overseas.

AFAIK, Maplin used to get it from Waters & Stanton.

>Any observations gratefully received -- or any suggestions as to other UK
>sources of self-amalgamating putty.

For a roof repair job on the garage recently, the local builders
merchant sold me a type of 'Sylglas' sealing tape which was actually a
flat strip of shiny black putty. Just by chance I happened to touch it
on the jacket of a cable that runs over the roof, and it stuck like grim
death. It would roll off, but only with a lot of effort.

The 'Sylglas' brand is now made by Denso, who supply black connector
sealing tape to rigging firms and the military, so it's probably the
same stuff. The type I got was aluminium backed, but I believe it's also
available as plain tape.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek