[TowerTalk] TB3

ValErwin@aol.com ValErwin@aol.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:02:10 EST

Steve:

I have heard the praises of the Rohn TB-3 for years from other esteemed tower
experts such as you as well! What is so great about it over other bearings?
What is the hole pattern on the TB-3? Hole diameter for bolts? Does the TB-3
have a grease fitting? My current bearing with grease fitting is a Fafner
(sp?) that I bought from a local bearing supplier here in the Dallas area. I
cut a plastic funnel out that is WX-sealed (inverted) to the mast that rides
bout' 0.25 inches above the bearing to protect  the bearing from the rain.

I am planning on laying my tower over in the next few weeks and adding a 40
meter element to my CC X7. As my bearing is quite old,  I may use that as an
opportunity to replace the bearing as a matter of preventative
maintenance-whether it needs it or not.  Perhaps the TB-3 is a candidate - if
it has a grease fitting ??

Steve, as Rohn is a tower manufacturer,  I would imagine that one of the
"biggie bearing companies" manufacturers the TB-3 for Rohn.

Your thoughts are appreciated --

Regards,

Val Erwin
W5PUT