[TowerTalk] Irrigation Tube Vertical/4 Square?

Nat Heatwole heatwole@clark.net
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:22:29 -0500 (EST)

I've been doing some reading on the subject, and it seems like a neat idea
to make a vertical for the low bands out of 3-5 inch irrigation tubing.
But, I'm at a loss as actually one might construct one.

After looking through ON4UN's Low Band DXing I've decided that the
vertical he describes on page 9-26, figure 9-32, looks like a good choice
of antenna for me for use on 80m/160m. But, unfortunately, ON4UN did not
go into very much detail as to how to construct on of these monsters. So
here are a few general questions that I have stored up:

-How would I go about building this antenna out of irrigation tubing?
-Where would I be able to get the irrigation tubing (QTH is Central MD).
-How would I raise it.
-How should I guy it, and what to?
-How should it be feed?
-Is it possible to use 4 of these verticals in a 4 square array? And if
so, how?

Please let me know if you might be of ANY help on this topic, or know of
ANYONE else that might be. I'de love for someone to give me step-by-step
directions in building a 4 square out of these but haven't found anyone
that can thus far. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

73's de Nat,
WZ3AR