[TowerTalk] GA45GD guy assembly

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:50:04 -0500

Hi Dennis,
  It is always advisable to use  guy brackets at the point of all guy
wire attachments
 to a tower. The one exception that i can think of is where you use a
flattop section
 on a tower, that has guywire attachment points built into it. Don't know
if they are
available for 45G but they are ,for sure, available for 25G. Some folks
attach their
guywires directly to the tower legs and use them forever, that way.
However, in that
configuration, the guywires are actually pulling on the leg of the tower,
to which they're
connected, whereas, using a guy bracket distributes the forces around the
tower legs,
collectively, rather than individually. If it were me, i'd use them at
every guy level.

  73 Roy Lincoln WA4DOU

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:45:02 -0600 "Dennis" <ae4ei@powernet.org> writes:

> When using the GA45GD guy assembly on a 130' Rohn 45g tower, is it
> best to
> use just one of these at the top guy attachment or would it be best
> to have
> one at each of the 3 level of guy cable attachment points ? Again
> thanks for
> your help.
>
> Dennis W4DWS

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!