[TowerTalk] raising the mast inside a tower

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:12:11 EST

In a message dated 03/12/2000 12:45:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, wf3h@ptd.net
writes:

> I have the tubular triangular tope on my rohn 25. I had to remove the
>  rotator for repair. I had the mast and the 100' antenna supported by a U
>  bolt but it slipped down inside the tower to about 2" above the rotator
>  plate. What's the best way to get this back up to get the rotator under
>  it? If possible, since putting the rotator in is very simple, I'd like
>  to be able to do this myself after work 1 evening.

       Piece of cake. Get a comealong/cable puller (rent, borrow, etc.). Wrap
a nylon webbing sling around the mast 2-3 times and pull it through the other
end loop (this is a choker). The sling should be somewhere down the mast
aways. Attach one end of the comealong somewhere high on the tower. Attach
the other end hook to the sling loop and start clicking.

      If you don't have a sling (since it and carabiners are the tower
climbers "best friends", why not?), attach a U-bolt and use a piece of rope
around the mast below the U-bolt.

     Slings and carabiners are available from Champion Radio Products.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
http://www.championradio.com

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC