[TowerTalk] finding antenna bearings

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:28:31 -0500

Hi Al,
  Unless you're using a very high gain, narrow beamwidth antenna, the
"great circle
map", based on Western USA is more than adaquate. Thats why there are
generally
only 3 maps shown in antenna manuals. The others are centered on center
USA and
eastern USA . Look at them. Nothing changes radically. The beamwidth of
an average
hf yagi or quad is on the order of 50-80 degrees. Even the antenna alone
tells you that
theres nothing critical about it. 73 Roy WA4DOU

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:05:47 -0800 "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
writes:

> Is there a website where one can enter ones lat & long, target lat &
> long,
> and get
> the bearing to point the antenna to?
>
> Or, is there a downloadable program around that will do same?
> Or, is the azimuthal map centered on Western USA in the ARRL
> operating
> manual
> close enough for my Washington state qth?
>
> k7puc
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html