Fw: Re: [TowerTalk] Belden 9913

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:55:23 -0600

Simple solution, Ted - our Flexi4xl (p/n102), the first of the flexible
9913 type, has a 10+ year track record, and although air dielectric, we
have no records of failure due to H2O when properly installed. Next,
there is our p/n 106, made just like 9913F, but with a NCV jacket, and
103A Davis' "Buryflex" - same core, but poly jacket like LMR, but more
flex.The latter two have a few tenths db's higher loss than 9913F when it
was perfect.
The only thuing constant in this business is change!
73,

Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE news
and bargain page.  Our 23rd year!

Interesting reason, ug.

I had thought that it might have been a manufacturing problem, as was the

Belden 9913F.

Yes, LMR has a UV resistant jacket which is a plus.  But there is one
thing
I don't like about LMR:  It is too stiff.

73, Aloha
Ted Leaf, K6HI
Kona, Hawaii
<tleaf@hotmail.com>