[TowerTalk] (no subject)

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:32:38 EST

In a message dated 17.03.00 08:05:04 Pacific Standard Time,
leesau@fresno.k12.ca.us writes:
     Sure enjoy your posts. Don't always agree with everything you say, but
 always enjoy your comments nonetheless.

 > Would you believe they are putting Gidean Bibles on the "Eagle Hardware
 > Hollow Soft Aluminum 1/8" Pop Rivet Planes" you mentioned (I really
 believe they have the right rivets). That's so you can Cram for the Finals
on the
 way down.  It's the Readers Digest Condensed Version of Flip Cards of the 10
 Commandments, 23rd Psalm and the other quickies.  That's all the time you
 got.  A parachute, inner tube, can of screw grease and shark repellent
 would also be useful as carry on luggage. The FAA can't do it all.  Rivets
are
 fine if you use the right ones and plenty of them.>

 I got such a kick out of that paragraph that I'm going to share it with the
 other Deacons at my church. Are the flip cards for real? (***Sure it is) I'd
like to
 see those.  Kind of a "Spiritual Emergency Kit"!

**********Thanks for the comments and others commented on it also.  It's good
to know my ideas are read and respected in Highest of Heavenly Places.  Would
you believe that the "Readers Digest Condensed Version of the Gidean Bible
Spiritual Emergency Kit" comes down with the Oxygen mask, a can of screw
grease, parachute, HT, compass, inner tube and a can of shark repellent on
Alaska Airline.  Also a Get Well Card that says "Thank you for Flying Alaska
Airlines."  This is their version of flying First Class all the way down
also.

*********Why don't you make up this very kit of Inspiring Spiritual Things to
read (in a short on the way down form) and call it "A Spiritual Emergency Kit
(on Plastic) for Travelers" in flip-card spiro wire binder form (no pop
rivets in the binder) and those who need a "Spiritual Jump Start" like for
lunch hour reading and for kids.  Pass it out at Sunday School also.  Many of
my Hi-Tech Fables usually come true.  I have talent on loan from God--some
think it's from the Devil.

********In regard to the tapered collars mentioned below, that would be a
hard thing to stock.  It has to be done on .058" wall to reduce the squeeze
distance.  The collar and the tubing has to cut with the same tapered fine
thread which I did on my lathe using a taper attachment.  A tap and die can
be made to duplicate this and the hams would love the construction.  After
the tubing is threaded it is split and the threads are cleaned up.  Everyone
loves it when I show it to them.  I've got some other fancy hardware also for
yagi's but I'm switching to mostly quads--no electrical deterioration... K7GCO

 > Since I have a mill and lathe I'm thinking of making up Aluminum clamps
 like used in rifle scope mounts just to have the same metal but still grease
 them and a cleaner design in the effort to build a better design.  I have
also
 > made knurled and inside tapered threaded collars with a fine thread cut
   with a taper attachment copied after what was on the old Workshop Beams of
the
 > 40's and still have--a great design.  I've made 4" long knurled handle no
 > wrench collars to squeeze the tubing for portable antennas.  Since large
 > diameter tubing often used is still .058" wall and available pipe tapered
 > threads for that diameter are too course, I used a fine tapered thread for
 > great compression leverage just by hand.  With Anit-Seize with aluminum
 > particles on the threads it is very powerful squeeze and highly conductive.

 This is a great idea. I've seen telescoping aluminum tent poles and tree-saw
 handles that use a threaded compression collar to fix the position of one
 tube inside another, but I never thought of using that in an antenna. That
 would apply even clamping force all around the joint. It would be great if
 someone made them in a few stock sizes so I could put together a yagi from
 standard sizes of stock aluminum tubing.

 Best regards, Larry Esau, AD6W Kingsburg, CA