[TowerTalk] Strobe Tube Life

E. S. ej111770@email.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:09:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have 2 towers with single FlashTech FTB-301's, 2 towers with a FlashTech single FlashTech FTB-310, and one tower with six Huey & Phillips (ex EG&G) FlashGuard dual red/white strobes.  The FTB-301's have been in the air in excess of ten years, the FTB-310's for over six years, and the FlashGuard system for 2 years.  Not one flashtube failure yet.  We have had to replace a few fresnel lenses due to ozone gas attacking the plastic but that has been the only failure.  I have another 4 towers with H&P incandescents and they fail more frequently than the strobe tubes.

I assume that you cleaning the tubes thoroughly before installation are not touching the tubes thereafter.

Good luck.

Gordon
N6IN/2