[TowerTalk] Cleaning Aluminum Eelements

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:33:46 -0500

Hi Guys,
  With all due respect, i find it amusing, that some of you work so hard
and diligently
at finding the most successful and useful techniques, to accomplish
various purposes,
some of which are very insignificant. Gimme a break! I've been cleaning
aluminum
for years with 0000 steel wool pads, and i've never had any trouble.
Period!
  73 Roy Lincoln WA4DOU Elm City, N.C.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:09:27 -0700 Arne Gjerning <gjerning@flash.net>
writes:

> This should start another discussion
>
> Do NOT use steel wool to clean aluminum.....
>
> Small particles of steel can actually be imbedded into the aluminum,
> can't be seen, and cause probelms later.  Instead, I use the 3M
> Scotch
> pads, they are green in color and can be found a Home Base, Home
> Depot,
> etc and work wonders on aluminum.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.