[TowerTalk] Pop Rivets

Arne Gjerning gjerning@flash.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:00:20 -0700

I am seeing that some are having problems with aluminum pop rivets. At
work we use aluminum pop rivets for NON-STRUCTURAL applications.
However, when we use pop rivets for structural applications we use
STAINLESS STEEL pop rivets. Yes. Stainless pop rivets are available and
are much stronger than aluminum and being stainless no problem with
bi-metallic concerns.

Check a McMASTER CARR catalog. If you do not have access to a catalog,
try searching the web for McMaster Carr.

Maybe Force 12 should consider a switch to stainless in leiu of aluminum
pop rivets.

73 de
Arne N7KA
New Mexico