[TowerTalk] Strobe Light Sticker Shock

Joel Harrington n7lf@earthlink.net
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:36:23 -0800


You probably already know this, but for the benefit of others wanting 200'+
towers, I would suggest reviewing the FCC tower registration and
"registration sign" posting requirements.

See: http://www.fcc.gov/wtb/antenna/


Joel - N7LF
Corbett, OR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Lovell" <pizzabob@cookeville.total-web.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2000 1:43 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Strobe Light Sticker Shock

> Hi, everyone --
> I'm extending a guyed commercial tower from 140' to 280' and will
> consequently need to light it.  In order to avoid having to paint the
> tower, I am considering a combination medium-intensity strobe/red beacon.
> The Flash-Tech strobe I have on the 200' tower next to my home cost around
> $6000-7000, I'm told.  (I didn't pay for it myself, so not sure. . .)  I
> would like to avoid such a high cost for obvious reasons, as I already
> a H-P red beacon from another tower.
> Anyone know where an inexpensive medium-intensity strobe can be had?
> to goodness there's some sort of cheaper alternative, one would think.
> Any replies appreciated -- thanks!

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm