[TowerTalk] Two Die in Ham Radio Tower Accident!!!

Matt Trott aa7bg@3rivers.net
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:12:34 -0700

At 01:49 PM 3/21/2000 EST, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 03/21/2000 10:33:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>dx@northcoast.com writes:
>
>>     Buff said the other men were hoisting a section of tower to Smith and
>>  English atop the partially assembled tower when a wind gust broke the
>>  suspended section, which then caused the tower the men were standing on to
>>  topple.
>
>      The ginpole collapsed?

The only way this makes sense to me is that the tower WAS guyed. The
suspended section coming up came loose. This section then fell and broke a
guy wire. The tower folded.

This is the only conclusion I can draw from the feebleness of the news
article. Why else would the falling section make the whole structure
collapse?