[TowerTalk] "Ham Tower" Accident - Followup No. 2

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:46:07 -0500

> I have decided not to call the investigating officer, not sure what good
that
> will do now.
>
> 73,  Henry Pollock - K4TMC  Raleigh, NC

Dear Henry,

   You may wish to do so because his report may play into
what the insurance companies use to establish their liability
factors when setting rates.

   The more police reports incorrectly labeling non-Ham tower
accidents as Ham accidents the higher our rates for tower-related
insurance may creep.

   When I was putting up my first tower in NH I went through three
companies before I could even find one that had a clue about Ham
towers and how to handle coverage.  One just said no, another
wanted a high-priced special rider, the third wanted fences and no-
climb panels plus the extra-cost rider ... just something you may wish
to consider.

-  73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL