[TowerTalk] Tower accident- Data?

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:11:48 -0800

There has been a lot of pure speculation on the list  (I'm guilty, too)
with- apparently- little real facts to go on. There has been a lot of very
good information passed, by really professional level, experienced people,
but most of that has been general in nature-  VERY informative, but
dedicated to having this NOT happen to us, not about the accident.

However- the story of the accident that triggered this current discussion
remains largely a mystery, at least to me. I have a few questions  That are
not urgent, or really important, except to me. They might be of interest to
others.

So- does anyone really know--
1. was the tower guyed or not?
2. was it Rohn 25 (or maybe 20?)?, or what?
3. was there a proper concrete base, (not freshly poured)?
4. What were they hoisting when the accident happened?
5. What did the report mean that said the object being hoisted broke?
6. did the guys have safety belts?
7. did the tower fall, or did they fall from the tower?

If I knew the answers to these questions (not guesses), I could put this
into better perspective.

Bill- W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill