[TowerTalk] Adjacent BC AM sigs DE K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Sun, 7 May 2000 16:29:07 -0500

1) are they in the same direction from you? If not, you can null one out
with a loop. (I can determine their bearing from you if you give me their
call letters, and your 6 digit grid square)

2) are they on the exact same frequency (if you don't know, send me their
call letters and I'll look up the specs). If they are not on the exact same
frequency, I can give you info on building a passive preselector. All you
need is one or two 365 variable caps and a coil form ( I even use toilet
paper tubes). My preselector (passive, in the antenna line) allows me to
null out a 5KW station virtually in my back yard...

We're assuming an outdoor antenna, or the willingness to use one?

more info upon request, K0FF