[TowerTalk] soldering instead of clamping

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Mon, 8 May 2000 20:33:02 -0400

Same principles apply.  Avoid solder and braid.
Lightning can still come into your shack and you
want that path to ground to be reliable.

Or do you have all of your coax and open wire
feeds surge-protected to ground at the tower?
... Which still leaves the length of the cable from
there to the house vulnerable to induced currents
in a lightning field, thus the need for an excellent
grounding system at the station end

I've been chasing the "demon" of lightning and
static surge defense for a couple of years now and
have pestered everyone for answers.  My system is
being incrementally built based on their experienced
counsel.  (Here in central Florida it is do or die!)

-  73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL

> Boy I unintentionally mislead you all.
> My mistake. I should have made it clear that I was interested in soldering
> the inshack equipment  grounds which use copper strap to a ground rod
right
> outside the wall.   A distance of 5 feet at most.
> My tower has heavy clamped cable to multiple ground rods.
> Bill Heinzinger" <w9ol@dataflo.net

Emergency & Weather Info:  http://www.qsl.net/k1yp
Boatanchors:  http://members.tripod.com/eDoc4U/BA/ba1.html

FREE INTERNET with No Ads and No Nagging!
Click on WorldSpy at: http://www.qsl.net/k1yp/FreeStuff.html

Cheaper Computers, satellite access, phone calls etc.  http://ld.net/?k1yp

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World