[TowerTalk] Reflections, Tuners and Antenna Forum Talks

Paul Christensen paulc@mediaone.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 18:46:34 -0400

>3) Now the wave reflection analysis begins.  I am not going to go into a
lot
>of detail here.  The driving forward voltage delivered to the transmission
>line travels to the antenna.

Steve,

You may want to begin your discussions by presenting explanations of key
definitions. (e.g., "travelling forward voltage")  I (and perhaps others?)
are having difficulty in understanding the "movement" of voltage or power
"into" a transmission line.  Is it not true that the only thing "moving" in
an antenna system can be described in terms of current, the forward wave,
and the reflected wave?  Thanks.

-Paul, W4XR