[TowerTalk] spam

Eric Gustafson n7cl@mmsi.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 08:49:57 -0700

Another thing to watch out for is _NEVER_ respond to the "remove
me from your mailing list" bait.  This is the trick that the spam
list sellers use to confirm that there is a valid potential
customer at the destination address and that their spam has not
been filtered before getting there.  If you do respond, you you
may well be removed from the list that generated the message you
got as promised.  But you no doubt _will_ be placed on the
confirmed suckers list that they sell as having been validated
for recipients.  Then watch your spam count go skyward!

73, Eric  N7CL