[TowerTalk] Dimensions of Magnum 715

michael watts wy6k@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 20:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know if the element spacing dimensions
shown in the manual are correct?  Have there been any
design changes that maybe did not get into my manual?

This is a new antenna, picked it up at the factory a
few days ago after waiting 3 weeks.

Reflector to driven element is correct
Reflector to first director is 2" too short
Reflector to second director is 2" too long

The boom is assembled as marked: a to a, b to b, etc
and all the screw holes lined up easily.

The outer section of the second director was also the
wrong length:  33" instead of the  30.25.  This is
easy to fix, I'll just trim it.  But the boom problem
is not trivial to fix.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks,