[TowerTalk] 5 db required to see?

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:40:46 +0000

At 10:11 AM 5/25/00 -0400, Bill Coleman AA4LR wrote:
>On 5/24/00 10:16 PM, Pete Smith at n4zr@contesting.com wrote:
>
>>Over 48 hours, and a thousand
>>contacts or so, it is inevitable that the 1-dB advantage will result in a
>>few QSOs made that would not have been, otherwise.
>
>This assumes that the operater's skill is sufficient to take advantage of
>the 1 dB difference.

Perhaps I should have said, "All other factors being equal..."  Of course,
a good op will get more out of both the X-level and the X+1 dB level
station over the course of a contest, and the 1 dB will bring him or her
more gain than it would for a less-skilled operator.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com