[TowerTalk] fixed sidemount

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 03:54:04 +0000

Initially, I'm planning to fix the lower C-3 in my stack on Europe.  It
looks as if the easiest way to do this is to use a piece of steel tubing,
ubolted to one leg and to a cross brace, and mount the antenna using the
regular boom-to-mast fixture, rotated 90 degrees.  It'd be nice if it
happened that a face of my tower was in the proper position for this
purpose so I could u-bolt to both legs, but it's not.

Am I asking for trouble doing it this way?  Is there a better one?  For
those not familiar, the C-3 is only 5 square feet of wind area, an 18-foot
boom, and only weighs 32 lb.

Thanks for any advice

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com