[TowerTalk] fixed sidemount

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 10:53:08 EDT

In a message dated 05/30/2000 7:36:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> >> Am I asking for trouble doing it this way?  Is there a better one?  For
>  >>  those not familiar, the C-3 is only 5 square feet of wind area, an 18-
> foot boom, and only weighs 32 lb.

     Since it's 25G, why not just bolt the antenna to a leg? Use of
right-sized U-bolts (available cheap fro W7NI@teleport.com) should enable you
to bolt it right up.

      If you don't want to stress one leg that much, you can use two pieces
of angle (aluminum is good) with 2-3 feet sticking out from the tower with a
vertical pipe mounted at the end. Bolt the antenna to the pipe and you're
good to go. Everything is held together with U-bolts. This is the way 90% of
antennas are mounted at commercial tower sites.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech