[TowerTalk] Tower planning

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 16:42:28 -0400

>>>"Jack Markum" said:
> I live in a residential area, so I know that I will have to research zoning
> ordinances, etc.  on towers.  I also live in relatively close proximity to
> an airport, so that's another concern.

You can check your location specifically for proximity and glide slope limits
on the FCC web site. You need to have your browser set up to dial in direct to
their 800 number exactly as you would for the Universal Licensing System (
http://www.fcc.gov/wtb/uls/ and follow instructions at "Connecting to ULS"
button on left.)

Go to http://www.fcc.gov/wtb/antenna/ after doing the above install. Use the
"TOWAIR" button at the left to check your installation. You will need your
exact lat/lon coordinates in degrees/minutes/seconds.

It happily told me "no airport within 5 miles"

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont