[TowerTalk] Tower planning

KR9A@aol.com KR9A@aol.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 00:28:42 EDT

as far as the airport rule is i belive it states 1 foot up for every 100 from
the End of the nearest active runway,   ie 6000 feet away, tower 60 feet
before faa approval and a red lite. how ever.......if there is another
building already in place between your location and that runway end, you can
go as high as the building without any approval from anyone or red lite
provisions. i am next to ohare field chicago. for many years i had a red lamp
on my tower untill a taller building was erected.  i have a neighbor whio has
an eighty foot tower and antennas put it at 100 so he is lamped.

of coures rules change this is just my past experience. thank you for reading
this

bill kr9a