[TowerTalk] Cheap alternative to LDF750 (1 5/8") Andrew connectors?

Greg Fox fox@obsolete.org
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:20:07 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone found another way to terminate Andrews LDF750 1 5/8"
hardline, without using the $275.00 - $300.00 connectors?

Would it be anyway possible to use assorted plumbing fittings
to make a hacked up connector? Of course, I don't want to loose
the dBs to bad connectors. Does LDF750 relate in any way to
all the stories that I've heard about 75ohm CATV hardline?

And yes, I know $275 is one heck of a good deal when the coax is
$13/ft, but I'm not your favorite celluar provider.

73 Greg/KE9R