[TowerTalk] Cheap alternative to LDF750 (1 5/8") Andrew connectors?

Bryan Fields kb9mci@qsl.net
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:40:20 -0600

Greg Fox wrote:

> Has anyone found another way to terminate Andrews LDF750 1 5/8"
> hardline, without using the $275.00 - $300.00 connectors?
>
> Would it be anyway possible to use assorted plumbing fittings
> to make a hacked up connector? Of course, I don't want to loose
> the dBs to bad connectors. Does LDF750 relate in any way to
> all the stories that I've heard about 75ohm CATV hardline?
>
> And yes, I know $275 is one heck of a good deal when the coax is
> $13/ft, but I'm not your favorite celluar provider.
>
> 73 Greg/KE9R

I have worked the stuff before, and my best advice is to buy a used
andrew connector and clean it up.  don't try to "homebrew" one, the
andrew connectors are easy to put on, and easy to water proof.  at most
larger hamfests you should be able to find used connectors, and possibly
new. in terms of pricing i would not go higher than $45 on a used
connector, and not more than $130 for a new connector.

also here is link that might be helpful, this man sells used connectors
at good prices.
http://www.ipass.net/~kd4wiw