[TowerTalk]

w2fca@qsl.net w2fca@qsl.net
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:04:03 -0800

>Tnx for all who responded to my request on SS
>u-bolts with a saddle. Looks like Harbach is
>the only one who has cast aluminum saddles for
>u-bolts, and he is no longer open for business.
>Tony

Before I discovered Harbach, I machined the saddles from luminum
bar stock that I got from Small Parts. 3/4" by 1/2" was 50 cents
a linear inch, and 3/4" by 3/4" was about 70 cents per inch.
That added 2 bucks to the cost of a 2 inch u-bolt and a dollar
for a 1-1/2 incher plus time.

Frank
W2FCA

-----