Re[2]: [TowerTalk] PROP PITCH ROTATOR !!!

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:48:42 EST

<< In a message dated 11/13/00 12:46:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
N8NGA@one.net writes:

 << Where does one buy a "prop pitch" rotator??  I saw the reference to M2
  but the M2 site doesn't show the prop pitch rotator.

  73 from.......
d  Bob Otto
  N8NGA@one.net
  Cincinnati, Ohio

 For sale ads and flea markets.  If you get one contact me as there are
things you need to know.  I have written about them extensively.   Used ones
could have a problem.  Special precautions have to be taken to keep the water
out of the gear box.  The original oil in them has to be taken out and
replaced with a cold weather grease.  All the bearing in them are replaceable
except one.  It can be reworked but it takes several hours to regrind it for
larger balls.  I made a jig for this to use in a lathe.

 I have several PP motors and love them.  I speed them up as their normal
speed is 3/4 RPM which is too slow for me.  Every rotator I have is speeded
up.  Properly prepared they will last forever.  K7GCO 206 243 5174 >>