[TowerTalk] mast

KI7WX@aol.com KI7WX@aol.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:25:06 EST

TW Metals   www.tubingsales.com

A good source for anything metal.  I placed a $1,000 order with them for
steel and aluminum tube and was very satisfied with the materials and
service.  Other hams in the midwest have worked with TW to good end.
Included in my order were three 24 foot lengths of 1020/1026 3/8" wall steel
tubing now in use as masting material.  They can also supply you with 0.25"
wall 1020/1026, or if you are really into it, 4130 material.

If I recall correctly, a single 24 foot length of 3/8" wall 1020/1026
material shipped to my door would have been about $10/foot.  Price drops
quickly if you order additional lengths, so if you go this way see if others
in your area might need some steel and do a group order.

Dillsburg Aeroplane Works, Dillsburg PA - (717) 432-4589   A quote from a
happy customer: "They always seem to have stuff in stock and get it out by
UPS COD right away. Good prices".  Dillsburg is used often by the PVRC.

K5RC's operation has already been posted.

TexasTowers and Burghardt's also have various masting material available and
are worth a call.

Mark
KI7WX/4   (NY4A this weekend in SS SSB)