[TowerTalk] RE: HELP/ROPE

Kurt Andress K7NV@contesting.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:45:27 -0800

bill wall wrote:

> Hi Turkey Day lovers;
>    A few years ago a Rohn engineer told me this Gin pole was designed for
> cable not rope. I would use the largest (I think 5/8" pulling rope) ( not
> nylon) that will fit through the pulley head. Does your pulley have about a
> 5/16" groove machined or cast into it. He told me this was for the cable not
> rope.
>                                  Bill KC4UZ

Hi all,
That's right Bill, that's why the groove in the sheave is so small. While it
will work with a line, it is going to chew up the line after a while. It would
be best to refit the pole with a sheave that is suited for the line (one with a
line sized full radius groove in it.).

Everyone ready for this weekend, after they wake up from the turkey coma? I'm
not, but working the problem......good thing they scheduled a couple of
holi-days before a contest, how thoughtful :-)

--
73, Kurt, K7NV