[TowerTalk] COMTEK 4 Sqrs. and Ham Dealers In General

DavisRFinc@aol.com DavisRFinc@aol.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 15:19:47 EST

Hi All,

I'd like to reflect the comment of the respected Tim Duffy, K3LR, to the
extent that it opines positively on Jim Miller, K4SQR and his
quality/devotion to perfection of his four square array and other COMTEK
products.  I do not have experience with DX Engineering products so I am not
opining in anyway pro/con.

Jim Miller's astute attention to product quality, development and customer
ethics is superb.  Yes, I have a business relationship with Jim; however I
had a longer personal relationship with him prior to business.  His highly
respected personal ethics, ham knowledge and experience have translated into
his business.

On another somewhat related subject:  ethical and highly devoted ham dealers
in general are waning.  If you support those who support you, who take the
time to help you and then stand thoroughly behind their product, and who give
you the "straight scoop" instead of a line to make a sale, the hobby will
retain its most important resources.
  Not supporting those who serve you with the highest priinciples, in part by
saving a few dollars, will defeat and further erode the "good guys" .  Save
the bucks via the Fleas and classifieds but when you need it new, quality or
otherwise,  spend what you gotta, where deserved.    Cheers,   Steve Davis,
K1PEK
~ Davis RF Co., Div. of  Davis  Associates  Wire  and  Cable, LLC:
Distribution to numerous industries,  Price Leader in Andrew
Heliax and Times Microwave LMR and others
RF Peripherals.  Discounts to Hams.
www.davisRF.com

Tel:  1-800-328-4773 (1-800-DAVIS RF)   Tech'l: 1-978-369-
1738,  Fax:  1-978-369-3484

~ DAVIS/ORION Marine Wire and Cable Co., Distribution and           Design:
UL/USCG Marine Stds.

~ Orion Wire Corp., Design Engineers of Specialty/Custom Cable

Tel:  1-800-328-4773, 1-603-787-2200  Fax 1-603-787-2221,
email:  Orion@connriver.net
www.davisRF.com

tduffy@sygnet.com (Tim Duffy)
Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
To: towertalk@contesting.com
The units are not the same. There are differences in the components used and
possible changes in port assignments. I have measured the performance of both
boxes and the DX Engineering version does not come close to the performance of
the Comtek box. Comtek's components and quality control (phase relationship vs
frequency) is superior.
Comtek's web site is http:\\www.comteksystems.com
73,
Tim K3LR