[TowerTalk] Stacked TH5MKII's

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:08:37 EST

In a message dated 11/25/00 5:12:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, K7GCO writes:

<<
 In a message dated 11/25/00 4:11:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
k7hph@xmission.com writes:

 << Hello:

  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience stacking a pair of
  TH5MKII's, or other tribanders for that matter? I have about 15 feet of
  distance I can put between them. Would it be worth it? Thanks in advance for
  the info.

  73, Mark...

 That is far too close.  I wouldn't even stack 2 10M beams that close.  The
SWR's  and F/B's would be up set and you would lucky to bet 1 dB gain on 20M.
 A general rule of thumb is to have at least 5/8 wave for 2-3 element beams.
You aren't even 1/4 wave on 20M.  The more the gain the wider the spacing
needed to maximize a single lobe of about 3 dB gain.  k7gco >>